9/10 training providers that do uploads do them incorrectly predominantly due to two main reasons:
- Tomorrow is the best time to do everything you had planned for today:
SMMEs (Small, Medium and Micro-sized Enterprises) generally have fewer people working for them which means each person has more “hats” to wear. The inherent challenge that this presents is that SDPs are not adhering to their SETA (Skills Education Training Authorities) requirements of enrolling learners within 7 or 21 working days of the commencement of the training intervention or for other SETAs, 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the training intervention. Furthermore, the quality of work is sacrificed in the name of quantity which results in us regularly being contacted by SDPs asking for guidance as their administrators inaccurately captured Learner Data which is followed by Learner Statement of Results being printed with learner names incorrectly spelt or Identity Numbers not corresponding with the learners’ as per their Identity Documents.
- Knowing what you don’t know is more useful than being brilliant:
It is ironic that as Skills Development Providers (SDPs), we teach and develop others in skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competencies in order to improve capabilities, capacity, productivity and performance; however, we rarely train our internal employees on how to carry out their roles. Most of the time we get contacted by SDPs who have dived headfirst into learner uploads without doing their research first which has resulted in immense frustrations, time delays and financial implications. In order to avoid these challenges, an integral part of Learner Uploads is ensuring that you have helped the person who is responsible for uploading your learner information to know what to do.
Before proceeding any further with learner uploads, please ask yourself the following:
- Who in my company is responsible for uploading learner information to my SETA?
- What information does the person responsible for uploading learner information to my SETA need in order for them to fulfil that role?
- When does my SETA require our company to complete our learner uploads?
- Where does the person responsible for learner uploads, upload the learner information to?
- Why does the person responsible for learner uploads need to upload the learner information to my SETA?
- How does the person responsible for learner uploads need to upload the learner information?
Realised that you need assistance in this area? Or perhaps, with managing your Training Admin in it’s totality?
Contact us for Accreditation Assistance, Capacity Building Workshops for your admin team, Monthly Retainer packages and ongoing/adhoc Training Support Services.
We are waiting for your call!